Centrifugal and Reciprocating Compressors
To understand new techniques and approaches to compressors and:-
- Discover the characteristics of the various types of compressors and their applications.
- Learn shortcut methods to select suitable compressors for your applications.
- Grasp the real life cost cutting methods of operating and troubleshooting compressors.
- Acquire knowledge to increase efficiency for saving compressor air cost.
- Find how preventive maintenance of compressors reduces breakdowns and increases their performance.
- Understand why compressors fail and how to troubleshoot their problems ensuring smooth operation.
The degree to which compressors are maintained today ranges from “wait until destruction” to a “complete” but extravagant program. This seminar presents maintenance strategies that are economical and yet assure required compressor availability. Participants review the fundamentals of compressors and the techniques for maintaining them. Participants examine proper methods of parts repair techniques as well as diagnostic tests for identifying and determining problems. Participants will study in depth preventive maintenance programs including the purpose of such programs and their planning and implementation.
The seminar will introduce new concepts and approaches through actual case studies, which will enable you to successfully implement new ideas.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for plant and maintenance engineers, maintenance managers and supervisors and compressor specialists. It should be valuable to senior maintenance mechanics and those who are involved with compressors, their operation and their maintenance.
All Attendees should have a sound power generation and mechanical background.
At the end of this course you will be able to maintain centrifugal and reciprocating compressors.
Days 1 - 5
- Compressor Types
- Helical screw
- Application ranges
- Application ranges
- Short cut selection methods
- Turbo Compressor Maintenance
- Overview of alignment methods
- Predictive versus preventive strategies
- Run-length extension surveys
- Machinery turnaround planning
- Reciprocating Compressor Operation
- Lubrication systems
- Valves, valve problems and rebuilding
- Packing and packing problems
- Controls and cooling systems
- Saving Compressor Air Cost While Increasing Efficiency
- The impact of artificial demand
- Today’s compressor control
- Realistic leak management
- Stabilizing a compressed air system
- Compressed air dryers
Days 6 - 10
- Reciprocating Compressor Preventive Maintenance
- Types of maintenance programs
- Purpose of preventive maintenance
- Inspection and inspection forms
- Vendor and contractor requirements
- Planning and Implementation
- Overhaul and Repair of Reciprocating Compressors
- Methods of repair and overhaul
- Alignment and piston rod run out
- Foundation problems and repair
- Component repair and rebuilding
- Troubleshooting Compressor Problems
- Basic approaches to compressor troubleshooting
- Typical problems and solutions
- Diagnostic test
- Examples from recent failure incidents
- Course Review and Feedback
Enquire About This Course >>
Back to List >>
Back to Courses Home >>