Effective Supervisory Skills
Increase the individual’s knowledge and skill levels in the areas detailed in the “Course schedule”.
Planning Procedures, organisation and management of tasks and resources will be demonstrated and ample time will be provided during the workshop sessions to practice their skills. Presentations on key areas will be reinforced through the workshop sessions to develop methods and techniques presented to apply to the individuals own work situation.
Supervisors are an extremely important part of the management team since they are the management in closest contact with the people who actually produce the work
The course details the key skills required by a supervisor including planning, controlling and motivating members of work groups.
A variety of training methods are used on the course, including presentation, discussion, exercises, workshops and demonstrations.
Who Should Attend
Managers / Planners or Supervisors, who are currently responsible for teams / departments and want to further their understanding, or personnel who are being developed for more responsibility.
Basic IT skills
At the end of this course delegates a good understanding of, methods and techniques used and a good insight how they can be applied in a work situation.
Effective Supervisory Skills Course Outline
The role and purpose of the supervisor
- Management styles and techniques
- The planning thought process, techniques and Methods
- Mapping techniques
- Flow charts
- Formatting methods and tools
- Planning methods and techniques
- Gaunt and Critical path analysis
- Resource allocation and monitoring
- Setting and controlling priorities
- Systems approach
- Applications approach
- Systems integration
- Linking systems
- Practical applications
- Managing, monitoring and control
- Approach, using appropriate style for team or individual
- Team building
- Controlling and organising people and other work resources
- Time management
- Priority setting
- Problem solving
- Methods and techniques
- Effective Report writing
- Action plan (preparation) - What have you learned? Applying? Method
- Monitoring and reviewing performance
- Health and safe working practice
- Course summary
Enquire About This Course >>
Back to List >>
Back to Courses Home >>